For nine years CollectionDX has brought you the very best in news and information from the world of Japanese toys, action figures, and pop culture. After a short round of beta episodes, we launched the site's weekly video show in August 2011. We simply call it "CollectionDX The Show.” The Show, co-hosted by Joshua Bernard (owner and Editor-In-Chief of CollectionDX) and Adam Paulauski (Assistant Editor of CollectionDX, Producer and Editor of The Show), has been a fun and popular feature of the site with an avid and highly engaged audience.
The top two questions we get from viewers of The Show are, "Can you have more guests on?" and "Why don’t you live stream the recording of the show?" The setup we currently use pretty much melts down trying to do those two things. We are at the technical limits of what we can do, and to make these two things happen we need to spend some money on upgrades to our hardware and software.
We need to raise $2000 to do everything we want to accomplish. We have an upgrade path that could go from several hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars depending on how this campaign goes. Instead of filling the show with ads which nobody really wants, we thought we would give ownership of The Show to the fans. We think we have some cool stuff lined up as thanks for helping out and the possibility of helping launch not one, but two new shows!
The CollectionDX “The Show” Spring 2013 Season
Twelve (12) episodes to run from February 2013 to April 2013. A show every week for twelve weeks streamed live!
If we hit the $2000 goal the following will be locked in...
- The Show recording will start to be live streamed (on Thursday nights at 10ET), giving the audience the opportunity to get involved with The Show with via a live chatroom and the ability to call-in to The Show to talk with us.
- We will be able to support more than two people on the show at a time.
- We will be able to offer the finished show in a much higher resolution.
- Twelve shows locked in over three months with no weeks off. As it is right now, when Josh's day job pulls him away we would normally just skip shows on those weeks. We know you hate us missing shows, so when Josh needs to be gone for a week we will either pre-record a show, or Adam will bring in a temporary host that week.
If we do not hit our goal...
- The campaign is setup for Flexible funding so we do keep any money raised. Any and all money raised will still go towards upgrading the show, but those upgrades would be smaller and incremental based on the results.
- The Show will get put on the backburner and will fall into a "whenever we feel like it" release pattern. No guarantee of a show every week.
- We will still be honoring all the donators perks whether or not the $2000 goal is hit, so you have nothing to lose.
$5.00 - Our heartfelt thanks with a mention on the main CollectionDX site.
$15.00 - Previous reward and a signed CollectionDX postcard. Adam and Josh will sign, as well as any other CDX staff we can wrangle.
$25.00 - Previous rewards with an Associate Producer credit in the show as well as a hand-drawn sketch from Josh and Adam.
$50.00 - Previous rewards with Executive Producer credit in the show as well as an exclusive t-shirt just for contributors (design to be revealed soon).
$100.00 - Previous rewards with a Segment Producer credit in the show, and you get to pick a topic for a Blind Boxed segment (any surplus topics outside the scheduled twelve episodes will happen as bonus releases.)
$175.00 - All of the previous rewards plus you get to join us on the show. That's right, YOU pick the Blind Boxed topic and then co-host that show with us!
$3000 - We will add a weekday news show hosted by Adam to be available in audio and video forms. The news show would be a short two to four minute piece that runs Monday through Friday.
$5000 - We will add a weekly video show for Otaku.CollectionDX similar in format to CollectionDX “The Show” to be produced by Adam. Hosts to be determined.
$10000 - Adam and Josh will blow up the Matty Collector Voltron, throw a party to do it, and film it as a special video. For real, this has been the number three top request on our show since Adam started reviewing it.
As you can see we have some cool stuff lined up for fans of the show. Together we can make the show everything we had envisioned it to be and we really appreciate you taking the time to look over our humble campaign.