- To create a place that directly benefits the community, provides new jobs, and encourages kids and youth to get outside and enjoy nature
- Provide a gravity-fed mountain bike park with trails for every level of enthusiast
- Be the first park to provide lift access riding year round
- Your contributions will support trail construction and other rider friendly infrastructure. Help us set a new standard for “bike park” trails. The more support we receive from you, the rider, the more trails we will create for you to come and ride!
- We are currently accepting bids for several lift options. Our target decision date is January 2014 with a completion window of summer 2014 to spring 2015.
- We are very committed to keeping you informed every step of the way about everything lift, trail and amenity related.
Our crew is made up of passionate people, dedicated to building new and progressive trails. We have always strived to make the best and most unique trails possible and now there is an opportunity to share them with you. The most rewarding thing about our jobs is getting people out on their bikes. This is the best platform to do it. We are so excited to showcase our unique terrain, and provide riders with the true coastal experience.
The Coastal Crew
Trail Design and Head Builders
"We are the coastal crew, a group of multitalented mountain
bikers from the Sunshine Coast. Over the years we have built countless trails
and signature features for several pro riders and high end films. These trails
have made the coast a destination recognized across the
globe. Historically we have kept these trails very private, but we are
humbled by the demand. Now we have the opportunity to create our own lift
access bike park.
We are confident we can continue to build the best trails out
there. Our goal is to share our creative passion with you and bring you into
Since our inception in 2009 our fans have celebrated our vision.
We appreciate the passion and loyalty of all of our supporters. We couldn’t do
what we do today with out them. This is the opportunity for us to give back and
we hope you will be a part of making it a reality"
Excavation & Trail Development
Darren Hemstreet, Evan "Intern" Young and Kane Boyce
Months have been spent developing our trail network from top to bottom but now we need your feedback. We want to know how many of you want to come ride here next season, and how many trails we need. By reaching our goal we will be able optimize our trail network and provide the best riding atmosphere in the industry.
We are offering that you can be one of the first to experience a the new standard. By contributing today, you will be a builder of the worlds next great gravity park.
For your $50 contribution you will receive a one day pass voucher.
We want to reward as many of our supporters as possible with something extra special. We will be running exclusive park preview ride days for several months leading up to the grand opening.
We recognize that a lift operational window of Summer 2014- Spring 2015 is a long time for the adrenaline-fueled enthusiast. That’s why we will make every effort to redeem as many of our supporters with exclusive pre-opening ride days.
You will have several choices:
- Redeem your ticket by signing up for exclusive ride days. You will receive a notification when registration is open.
- Wait for the full effect and redeem after lift opening.
- Take advantage of our 4 rider deal for $120 so you can be notified first to sign up for the exclusive ride days. Bring 3 of your friends riding and rock the prequel, or redeem them all for yourself at any time.
- 100% of the funds raised will be used to enhance
the rider experience through trails, amenities and rider friendly
- Lift access mountain biking ends Oct 16 in Canada and the whole Pacific Northwest of the United States. Thousands of enthusiasts like you must wait with anticipation until late spring. We can provide almost year round, lift access mountain biking.
The current inventory of lift access mountain
biking around the world has been superimposed around chairlifts which are built
to optimize the ski season. Most start at several thousand feet above sea
level. This means the snow comes early and leaves late. Our Park is only a few
hundred feet above sea level
and rarely receives measurable or sustained snowfall.
Q. When will we have a lift installed?
A. The window for completion of lift installation is Sumer 2014 - Spring 2015 and is predicated on lift selection. We are accepting bids from lift manufacturers now. A key component is determining the correct rider capacity. This campaign will offer some great insight into what that rider capacity must be. Once capacity is determined we can make an informed decision on which product is most appropriate. The window to complete installation depending on lift is Summer 2014 to Spring 2015.
Q How do I redeem my lift pass?
A. We will send you a printable “voucher” with a confirmation code. This voucher will be redeemable for admission to the park.
Q. If I purchase the 4 day Pass Package will I receive 4 unique vouchers?
A. Yes, plus each one of these vouchers makes you eligible to sign up for any of the exclusive pre-opening ride days.
Q. If I purchase the 4 day pass package are there any restrictions on redemption?
A. There are 0 restrictions on redemption. You can redeem with friends on one day or use it your self on four separate days. Each pass is redeemable for one day on the mountain.
Q. Does this mean the passes are fully transferable?
A. Yes the passes are fully transferable before redeemed.
Q. When is the earliest I could redeem my pass?A. We are planning to have exclusive park preview days starting in early 2014.
Q. Will there be a Season Pass?
A. Yes we fully intend to offer a Season Pass.
Q. Will you offer trails for all skill levels?
A. Yes, we have also incorporated many skill leveling features such as table tops to accommodate a wider range of rider competency.
Q. Will the expert level trails have mandatory features?
A. We will minimize all mandatory features and eliminate all gaps.
Q. Will there be hand built trails for all skill levels? # Where’s the LOAM
A. Yes, our goal is the hand built trails will represent over 50% of the Parks trail network.
Q. Will you offer shuttles form the ferry?
A. Yes, we are currently working out the booking particulars for this. Our vision is to post a schedule and riders can simply book passage from Langdale directly to the Park.
Q. What is the elevation?
A. Currently all trails start at 440 meters of elevation.
Q. Is there any camping or lodging in the area?
A.There are several motels and both Provincial and private campgrounds near to the park and throughout the Sunshine Coast. There are also a host of B&B’s.
Q. Are rental bikes available?
A. Bike rentals will be available when the Park opens.
If you cant commit today but still want to participate in the process please share this page on all your social media outlets using the share functions. The world needs to know about Coast Gravity Park. Help spread the word!