Become our fan on /clickotrigger
Well, a small startup company creating automation solutions for use with a smartphone. Our main idea is to achieve good results on automation projects with a small budget. We provide a hardware and software solution to trigger multiple electrical devices with a simple smartphone. An example is a garage door, alarm system, lights switch and many more. This campign is important for us to get the project fully running. We want to add support for all modern mobile devices like iPhone, Android(done), Blackberry, Windows Phone. By participating in this campign, you help us make a great innovative product with a market finish which we believe will be part of everyone's life as car/security remotes are nowadays. We strive to achieve a usable solution for advanced automation for projects on limited budget.
Use with web (First beta available at viacont.de/clicko)
If you want to automate daily routine tasks of switching things ON or OFF; if you want to carry less things with you and control everything with your phone; if you're a technician or manufacturer of electrical gate locks, light switches, alarm systems and want to add a full blown access control system to your device; if you are a developer and want to use the simple Clicko API for use with your next great mobile application... then this project could really help you to reduce the cost of automating your equipment!
The Universal Wireless Trigger
The device is a small (50mm x 23mm) board with
- A powerful 10A/250VAC relay
- Dry contact input to keep it in sync with manual switches running in parallel (manual lights switch, alarm system keyboard)
- Micro USB power and connection to a computer - you can safely power the device with your phone's charger!
- I2C pins for expansion with optional hardware
- Serial interface for expansiono with optional hardware
- SPI interface for firmware updates
- Additional pins to trigger the same relay by other system (a button or other type of automation system)
- Reset pins for recovery - bring the device in initial state
- Automotive power supply (7V-35V AC/DC) through screw terminals
- Coming Soon: Bluetooth 4.0 and iOS support for $19.99
- Coming Soon: NFC with cable and antenna for $29.99
- Coming Soon: Battery-backed RTC with infinite trigger log for $9.99
What can it be used for?
Many, many applicaitons. With the smartphone in your hand you can
- Open/close your garage door
Arm/disarm your house security system Follow this blog for a fully working setup with Crow Runner alarm system
Lock/unlock your house Follow this blog for a fully working setup with a $25 door lock!
Lock/unlock your car or start/stop the engine. Expect very soon a setup with Audi A6 - unlock the car, disable the immobilizer and disarm the alarm with a single finger swipe on the screen!
- Roll/unroll your electric roller blinds
- Turn on/turn off your lights, electrical equipment, HVAC, etc.
- Interrupt/restore AC/DC power
- New: schedule ON/OFF times of electrical equipment (water heater, HVAC)
- New: connect various electrical equipment wiressly to an Raspberry PI Internet gateway through Bluetooth, and control them from anywhere in the world with your favourite web browser!
- New: you can issue temporary 6 digit access codes to your Clicko devices, even if they are not connected to the Internet! Security is handled through 4096 bit RSA signatures - more secure than your online banking!
- New: you can give or revoke access to your Clicko devices to any user in the Clicko Cloud service
This wonderful tiny device makes your life easier, it lets you go out just with your phone and no keys in your pocket.
The device works either by using Bluetooth in 15m range, or from anywhere in the world when connected with a Bluetooth/Internet gateway. With it's powerful API, in case you're a developer, you can create a fully functional security system with access control.
The device is designed with the help of experienced security professionals and is compatible with all alarm systems in use today! If used as electric switch, it's powerful relay can trigger electric devices consuming up to 2.5kW of energy!
Why is it different?
You may ask yourself, aren't there other solutions? Can I make my own with Arduino, Raspberry PI, etc. Well, here is why our device is different, very different:
- Energy saving.
Our concept is to have lots of small cheap triggers instead of a single big expensive device for home automation. Those triggers are so small that you can embed them in your lights switch, wall socket, car alarm, house security system. You can automate anything.
The device supports feedback from triggered electric equipment. For example you will always know from your phone that your security system is armed/disarmed before triggering the switch. With an ordinary analog remote control, you would just shoot in the dark.
The Clicko device has 4 types of trigger control.
- ON/OFF - that is the simplest case, used for lamps for example.
- Trigger - switch on for a user-defined time and then switch back off, used for opening gates for a limited time.
- Toggle - switch on and wait for a user-defined time then report ON state and turn relay OFF. Used for some garage doors.
- Pulse Toggle - send short pulse to the relay, wait for a user-defined time, report ON state. This is used for delayed arming of alarm systems.
- Feedback - this is used for alarm system that may fail arming because of an opened door, or garage doors that may fail closing due to obstacles. Triggering fails if the feedback is not set and this is reported by the smartphone application. Feedback also captures state changes of the triggered equipment so that it is properly reflected on the smartphone.
All settings are set only once and remembered inside the device's flash memory. After pairing a new phone, it will automatically download those settings.
Are there any other similar products?
Yes, but only slightly similar. Take a remote controllable light bulb, for example Apple's HUE light bulb or LIFX light bulb. Those light bulbs can be controlled by the smartphone. But we are different in many ways, the biggest difference is that we control the switch and not each lightbulb separately. You can still use your old light switch and your old light bulbs and only integrate our small remote control module hidden behind the switch. In addition to that the manual switch and the remote control are kept in sync and can work together without limitations. This is cerainly just a small example on the many ways our device can be used.
Where does the funding go?
Even if the campign is incomplete, all claimed items will be shipped on time. This project will be completed independent from the results of the funding campign. But with your help it will get the market finish sooner and you'll be the first to try this new innovative product.
With the funds we collect we shall cover part of our expenses on the first batch of PCB boards. With the rest, we shall create another board of the same size with Bluetooth 4.0 module compatible with iOS devices and latest Android BLE ready phones and tablets. With BLE we shall add more features like triggering on presence sensing and much, much longer battery life of the phone. The more we collect, the sooner we can start with iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
How can you help?
Except claiming a perk, we shall be really gratefull if you tell your friends and colleagues about us, if you write about us in your blog, if you mention us at both your electronic and real social activities. A simple good word from you is precious for us.
How does this project help other people?
When the product is released, it will help small projects on tiny budget to become alive without spending money for expensive equipment for complex automation solutions.
The Viacont Team