What's it about!?
We are two passionate german film-students and we are always trying to produce interesting new projects we could realize. Most of our projects were made on our own costs and shown to the public for free. This year we decided to film a full length documentary (30-45 min) as our Master-Thesis about the "pearl of caribbean" in Colombia:
CARTAGENA DE INDIAS.
It's a wonderful town full of culture, friendly/intresting/crazy people and sights, which has begun to change its appearance due to the massive industrial growth and mass tourism with big cruise liners landing there.
So we went there for three months and talked to the people - about their work, their life-standards and their opinion of this development to get a general view about the situation in this city.
We have driven, walked and filmed in each corner of the town to get as many impressions as possible - We talked to all kind of people from star architects to ordinary workers. We got access to big events like the cities beauty contest or the first ever made FIA NACAM Rally Championship and WE AIM TO BRING ALL THIS TOGEHTER to a stunning beautiful, educational and entertaining documentary.
Now we reached the point we need YOU. We have already travelled to Colombia on our on costs, filmed over 150 hour of footage and over 30 interviews for this documentary.
We tried to get many topics into the documentary:
- What is the situation there to life!?
- How is the tourism and the growth of the economy effecting the people and their jobs?
- How secure is the town for tourists compared to the safety of the residents?
- What is about sex-tourism in the town and what do they do against it?
- and many more...
We are already working on the editing and on the english and german translation of the interviews. But there is still a lot of work to do.
We need additional software to give it a better look, workflow and produce a DVD-Version. Translation, music and a german spokesperson cost a lot of money, too. And there is where the problem starts... we already invested all our money in the pre-production and filming and have now problems to get the final quality we want for the documentary because of a lack of capital.
So this is the point where we hope to get your encouragement and that you will like what we are doing.
What we will do with your donation:
- We want to get a better overall quality with additional software for soundproduction, postproduction and DVD-Production.
- We have to buy music licences and to get a professional (german) spokesman for the documentary.
- Additional translation of the complete documentary in english with subtitles. The original speech will be in german for the spokesman, many interviews were filmed in spanish and some of them in english. If we get more money as we need, we will use it for better musicans and music licenses to deliver a better experience.
- You will help us to publish the documentary as FREE internet-stream after a 6 month exclusive contributers-acces-only period for 10$+ donators (only contributers will get a direct download-link).
Here is a List in what we invested already and how your money will help us:
- We already invested in:
the equiqment (cameras (SLR/GoProHD), 5 lenses, microphones and so on) - 6500$
travelling and accommondation - 8500$
- From your investment we pay:
- Software-Licenses (Adobe AfterEffects, Premiere, Audition, Encore, PlugIns and so on) - ca. 3500$
- professional german spokesman - ca. 700$
- english translation support - ca. 500$
- if we get enough: Music-Licenses - between ca. 500-1000$ (for the songs that are not under CreativeCommons)
- DVD/Poster-Production for the contributers and shipping - ca. 2000$
What You Get (when it is done)
5$ guarantee you our Thanks and you get the exclusive frame you made possible in digital form (Jpeg - send per email).
With 10$ you will get a 6 month exclusive download link for the documentary in DVD-resolution (768x576)(german and english subtitles) in a widescreen format. In addition you get 5 exclusive frames you made possible in digital form.
For 25$ dollars you will get a 6 month exclusive download link to the HD-720p version of the documentary(german and english subtitles) and 10 exclusiv frames with your name in the credits (and the timecode written next to your name). And of course you get the link to the DVD resolution Version,too.
50$ will get you a rare DVD-Version (german and english subtitles) with bonuses and 50 exclusiv frames with your name in the credits. And of course you get the download-links to both versions for a 6 month period (HD and DVD) and of course the DVD is inclusive shipping worldwide.
For 150$ you get everything from the 50$ contributors PLUS you get an exclusive poster in the size of 80cm*60cm or 80cm*40cm panorama poster (format is depending on which you choose - pictures will be cropped to fit). You can choose one of the 8 HDR-Images we specially made for the documentary timelapses. They are limited to 25 posters and you can choose if you want it signed or with our docu-logo or not.
These are the pictures of which you can choose one (for higher resolution previews, take a look in the media-gallery):
And our special contributors of 300$ we offer something special:
You will get a DVD-Version with your own individual animated DVD-Menu with you inside it. The Menu will be a looped video (20-30 seconds long) in which you get integrated via keying in a unique way for every contributor. To do this you need to film yourself in front of a one colored wall (for the best result a green or blue colored one) or you use a curtain or sth. like this. But you have to use your own camera to do this (a good mobile-phone cam can do it to) and an internet connection to send us the material. If you are not able to film yourself, then we offer you the possibility to send us a photo... we will animate this for over 10-20 seconds to fit in the menu.
And of course you get you name in the credits, but this time as MAIN-SPONSOR, you can choose of one of the limited posters, 10 seconds of the movie as digital Jpeg-Pictures (via Email) and the two download links to both versions (for a 6 month period).
All the perks will be sent to you, when the documentary is finished (at the latest at the end of summer 2012). We need your email to send you all the digital content (frames & video-download-links), the DVDs and posters will be shipped worldwide.
So let's get started...
and we hope you get intrested in this. Of course we will update you with some special clips and pictures on the progress... the complete project aims to be finished in the mid/end of the summer 2012.