The campaign has finished!
UPDATE: Help us beat 10K to print 2 collections!
UPDATE: We beat our 10K target!
You guys not only hit the target of 5k, but you beat the 2nd target of 10k! The cards will now be available in 2 sets -- the Cheeky and the Nasty collection.
If you've already pre-ordered your cards, you will be able to pick your set of choice, or, simply choose an add-on reward and get both for a discount!
FAQ: T-Shirt Sizes
You will be able to tell us your t-shirt size at the end of the campaign. I will be emailing out all funders with a short survey that will include your t-shirt size (if applicable) and which card collection or sets you would like.
A love of letters. A love of swearing.
Card giving is a time honoured tradition. In the digital age, going the extra mile to actually put ink on dead trees is a way of taking the time to do something special. So why are the majority of cards in shops so completely fucking awful?
Hello! My name is Linus, I'm a graphic designer and part-time comedian. I wanted to create the kinds of cards that I would really be excited to give a friend. Something that would get a reaction! A card you wouldn't throw in the bin as soon as you read it. The kind of card I would be excited to receive.
So I decided to combine my love of hand lettering with my love of swearing. Add to this the old-world beauty of letterpress, and I think we have a pretty unique card, that your friends will definitely remember.
Taking it to the interwebs
Over the last few months, I've taken things as far as I can on my own. I've made several card designs, made several prototypes with a hobby kit. However, my skills as a printer leave much to be desired, which is why I've partnered up with the Hungry Workshop, a fantastic independent letterpress studio in Melbourne. Now I need your help to share them with the world.
I'm looking to raise $5,000. This will cover:
- Letterpress printing of 4 card designs, each in metallic silver on beautiful, thick card stock. Blank on the inside for your personal message.
- Manufacturing bespoke string and button envelopes
- Producing extra rewards for Indiegogo such as stickers and shirts
- Shipping and handling for funding rewards
If we reach $10,000 we will print 2 sets of 4 designs (8 designs in total), and you will be able to pick which set you would like (or get both!)
Bonus rewards and goodies
Bonus stickers sheets exclusive to Indiegogo.
Limited edition T-shirt, Indiegogo exclusive.
A limited number of original calligraphic pieces will also be available.
Get the word out
If you want to get some bonus rewards added to your reward pack, or even if you can't afford to help fund the project, you can still help us out.
- Twitter: Send out a tweet to let your friends know about Calligraphuck or follow the project at @calligraphuck.
- Facebook: Like the Calligraphuck facebook page and or post about Calligraphuck and shock and delight your relatives.
- Instagram: It's not just for pictures of your cat and your breakfast anymore! Follow Calligraphuck on Instagram and repost to your followers.
- Tumblr: You know what to do. You look like you know your way around a fucking reblog. Follow us too.
- Pinterest: Share our posts on Pinterest and freak out those uptight bitches from the young mother's book club.
This is a passion project for me, something I've been working on steadily for the last few months and the amount of support and interaction I've had so far with people online has been a genuine fucking delight. I've had the great pleasure of corresponding with many other talented letterers and artists and it has been an amazing and humbling experience. To everyone who has been part of the journey so far: you're fucking amazing. Hopefully this is only the beginning. Thank you.