Carol's returning to Cameroon in 2013!
Last year Carol returned to Cameroon for a second visit of 6 weeks to continue her mission work. Thanks to your generosity Carol was able to raise around $8,000. If you click on the Gallery tab above you can see videos and images of her previous visits to Cameroon.
In summary Carol :
- Bought a year's supply of powdered milk for Sr. Nathalia to feed the babies in the orphanage.
- Purchased wheelchairs for two people who had previously been unable to leave their homes.
- Paid hospital bills for two people ... If you're in the hospital in Cameroon and can't pay your bill you have to stay at the hospital until it is paid.
- Provided funds for Sister Nathalia to build a chicken coop. This self sustaining resource provides food for the children in the orphanage and revenue as Sister Nathalia is able to sell chickens and eggs.
- Provided a roof and shutters for the much needed Tuberculosis Hospital.
In January, 2013 Carol returns to Cameroon for 8 weeks. There is so much need and so much to do. Currently folks in Cameroon that live in the bush have to trek for up to 4 days to reach the hospital. So two clinics have been built in the bush that will cut the trip to a day or less; however, they have been unable to equip these clinics. Carol hopes to be able to fund two birthing tables, seats for the waiting area and medical supplies and equipment. In addition Carol hopes to be able to resupply the orphanage with milk for another year ...
A Personal note from Carol
As always, all monies raised go to my mission in Cameroon. I personally fund my own airfare and all out of pocket expenses. It really does take a village to raise a village ... A huge thanks to the community here that is such a big part of me ... and that is helping bring hope to my other community in Cameroon.
Thank You all for your Prayers, Love and Contributions.