Stage 1 :: The Family Center Buliding
Since 2003, Three Angels Children’s Relief has reached some of the most at-risk families and orphans in Haiti through a variety of programs aimed to serve the whole person and whole family. These include education, health, jobs programs, orphan care and spiritual development. In 2012, Three Angels opened Angel House in a new facility to address the needs of both orphans and the needs of families struggling with the decision to give up a child. For orphans with absolutely no hope, we facilitate international adoptions, finding quality homes for these children.
For families struggling in Haiti, our heart is that they can stay together, emerge from poverty, and build a foundation for their children, communities and country. All our programs focus on this goal, and we dream of a day where thousands of families in our community will thrive.
YOU have the opportunity to help us build the Kenbe Fèm Family Center. Our programs are currently serving over 200 families, and we believe that this number can be in the thousands!
What does Kenbe Fèm mean?
Kenbe Fèm is Kreyol for "stand strong." We have witnessed the strength of our Haitian brothers and sisters for years as they endure trial and tragedy and continue to express a sense of hope and joy. Three Angels just celebrated its 10-year anniversary, and we feel that we are just getting started. We also know that you and so many others want to express your support to those in Haiti and can do so by "standing strong" with them.
What will the funds be used for?
Our goal of $60,000 will be matched dollar for dollar with a $60,000 challenge grant. The $120,000 goal will be used for the following:
- remaining purchase of the property
- construction of Family Center Building
- building will house the following:
- feeding center for children of the school
- multi-purpose room for parents' meetings, job workshops, and special events
- work area for artisans to make jewelry for our BIJOU program
- counseling area for families
What have we done so far?
The project has already begun. After the earthquakes of 2010, the main building on Delmas 91 (the address in Petionville) was condemned. With the help of our friends at the Japanese delegation, we were able to tear down the building last year. Since then, the following has happened:
- The construction of 2 new classrooms for pre-school students
- The construction of a kitchen for 300 students at our school
- Over $50,000 raised towards the purchase of the property
The Impact of the Family Center
Your contribution will directly benefit the families served:
- At-risk parents will receive training in job skills, money management, parenting, and more.
- All our students will have a multi-purpose space to eat meals, study after school, and have physical education.
- Incoming teams will provide leadership training to parents, staff, and surrounding church leaders.
- Families in crisis will have a place to come and receive counseling, food, and a path towards health.