What is Brooms Down Under?
Brooms Down Under is going to be feature length documentary. It will be based in Australia following the burgening Quidditch scene found across the great expanse of the great Down Under. We aim to focus our recording and film on:
- The members of each team (at Competitive level thus only competing member. in the Australian Quaffle league or AQA)
- How each society functions
- Game play at a social and competitive levels
- The motivations and commonalities of people who play Quidditch
What We Need and What’s In It For You
We will need a bit to get this running which is why it seems like we are asking for a large amount. However you’re funding a great project and the money you give us will help get:
- Quality recording gear including cameras (Go Pros, DLSR), sound equipment, microphones and lighting.
- Transport around Australia.
- Organise events for recording between cities.
- Some money so that we can effectively market the movie to Australian and Worldwide audiences.
- Allocation for turning the end project into dvd’s and viewing in cinemas.
What will you get from this though? It is perfectly fine to say an awesome movie and self-satisfaction, however in a material world these values do not hold up for some people. So for those who want something for their money we have a huge list of perks! Some, sadly due to the nature of the perk are available for Australians only however we have made the deal nice and sweet for non-Australians and added extra overseas perks.
Some examples (if you cannot see the huge list on the side) include private screenings, dinner with the Newcastle Fireballs, copies of the final dvd product and simple personalised thank you emails.
Why is possibly the hardest question to answer and sadly 'because' is an answer that will not cut it. We at Half Decent feel that by making this documentary we are giving players the voice they can use to express their love for the game. Looking at our Newcastle Association we have such a tight community with so many stories they wish to tell. By making this documentary we are not only spreading these stories but we are exposing the sport.
What if I don’t have a lot of money to give?
We at Half Decent are mostly University students and we understand how hard it is to get money (which is also why we are looking for funding). Being realistic sometimes even a dollar is hard to scrape together however if you can, even a dollar can help us get that tiny bit closer. You can also just spread the word for us. Use twitter, facebook, google+, vlog about it on youtube even harass some famous Vloggers on youtube to spread the word for us.
Sometimes words are worth more than money.
Team on This Campaign: