My name is Xane, and I’m a Brony gamer. I’ve been in the fandom since July 2011 and haven’t done much for the community since I joined. I have always had a strong feeling that I should help out, and this is what I came up with.
Brony Gaming Alliance
What is it?
- The Brony Gaming Alliance (or BGA) is a way for me to give back to the community by providing a safe place for Bronies of all ages to play games and have fun
- At the start, BGA will probably be restricted to one or two Minecraft servers, simply due to the popularity of the game among Bronies and the fact that there are so many Minecraft playing Bronies in the world.
What we are asking for.
- In order to give you the best experience, we are asking for only $500 (the minimum amount IndieGoGo will allow us to ask for) to pay for a VPS and a domain name.
- Since we’re using the “flexible funding” method, even if we don’t reach $500, we’ll use whatever we raise to set up a server.
- HOWEVER! Unless you all manage to raise at least $200, I won't be able to do anything because of the costs of all the parts for the service. (about $182 total)
- Anything raised over the $500 will go to purchasing better hardware and providing a better service.
What you get
- As mentioned above, we will start by hosting two Minecraft servers; one whitelisted, the other greylisted. Even if you don’t donate, you can register on the website (once built) to get building access to the greylisted server.
- The whitelisted server will be for “VIP” members, only. To get VIP before launch and secure six full months of VIP power, just pledge the amount listed.
- The Greylisted server is just that: greylisted. It will be a publically joinable server, but only those who register on the website and put in their Minecraft username will be able to build.
- Pledging at least $5 gives you access to the greylisted server before the public to build your house (as mentioned in the perk description)
- Better rewards come to those who pledge more money. That’s not my rule, but it’s how these crowdfunding things usually work
How can you help?
- Just tell your friends about us, and hopefully some of them will be able to help you (and us) out!
- The best way to raise awareness about this “kickstarter” is to tell your friends. Thats how things used to go back before Twitter and Facebook and Google+ (of course, those methods of sharing are all available to use, too)
- Please, please, PLEASE! Do not bash us for liking the show. Any hateful comments will be reported and flamers will be asked to leave (or something like that)