What’s just as important as donating?
It’s called the “Gogofactor.” Gogo… what? I know. I said that too.
Indiegogo measures the activity on our page and rewards us when people click around + share our campaign. How?
Below our video there’s a box that says “Share this Campaign”
Now refer your facebook friends, twitter followers, and e-mail contacts by clicking those buttons.
And when you share, tell your peeps they should share too. Trust me (and the crazy algorithms), by sharing – you can have more impact in our campaign than your donation alone.
Try it. It’ll take you 5min tops! And we’ll love you for it!!
In October 2008, I decided to combine my passion for coffee and community when I opened East Harlem Café. The café has been a cozy place for many to sit back and relax with a great cup of coffee. Over the last three years, it has become so much more for the neighborhood.
East Harlem Café is a meeting place for conversations; a hub for local artists to showcase their talent; and a space to host community events and fundraisers. Some of these events include Mount Sinai’s World AIDS Day and Love Heals, a program that provides HIV/AIDS education to young women. We often open our doors to various community groups.
As difficult as the economic recession has been, we need to get beyond surviving, to keep the café and the community thriving. To do this, we need your help.
What We Need and What YOU Get:
The café needs kitchen storage, supplies and food prep equipment. So the café is turning to members of the local and global community, instead of big banks to expand. The goal is to raise $10,000 in 30 days.
You can contribute anything from $1 - $1000. For every donation there’s different perks. The more you give, the more you get! If you give $100 or more, your name and/or organization will be featured on our blog and newsletter, which has over 5,000 followers.
All contributions to East Harlem Café would go towards boosting our kitchen with new equipment and display cases.
1. New equipment would expand the menu to include healthier options, like fresh juices, ready-made salads and vegan options. Especially in East Harlem, where convenient healthy options are a challenge to find, this would help make our neighborhood healthier.
2. With a larger menu the doors of the café could stay open longer for open mics, artist showcases, and community events.
3. East Harlem Café is already fostering community in the neighborhood. Your contributions are both immediate and long lasting. You would equip the café to provide healthier options and promote a healthy, vibrant community.
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Become a friend of ours on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Foursquare. Get updates on our campaign. Click on those "share" tools!
- Post our campaign link on your wall, blog, or website.
- Spread the word! Tell people about our café and why they should visit and support us. Word of mouth is so effective.
We Need You!
Will you invest in East Harlem Café? We’re more than good coffee; we’re about the community. El Barrio deserves healthier food and spaces for cultural exchange; and we can’t do it without you.
Michelle Cruz, owner