"Brewers by the Bay" is a feature length film about the history of beer in San Francisco. Join host Brenden Dobel (Brewmaster of ThirstyBear Brewing Co. in downtown San Francisco) as he explores this cities vast brewing past starting in 1847, leading up to the present and beyond.
We did it! We finished the production! What an amazing journey it's been. With over two years of production, we are finally done filming and are ready to start post production.
Some Filming Stats:
We have a total of twenty interviews from brewery owners, brewmasters and historians.
- Over ten hours, forty-five minutes of interview footage (including 90 minutes from The Godfather of craft beer, Fritz Maytag!)
- Over five hours of various other content.
- Over 200 captured images from our beer historians archived collection of never before seen San Francisco beer memorabilia - including lithographs, reversed glass beer signs and photographs to be used exclusively for the documentary.
This is a story that needs to be told!
We are now ready to go full speed into post production with plans to release the film in May during American Craft Beer Week. In order for us to complete post production, we need to raise $10,000. This will help cover the following costs:
- Color correction
- Scoring the film
- Archived video footage licensing from news archives
- Archived photo licensing from the San Francisco Public Library and California Historical Society
- Movie theatre rental
- DVD Replication
- Marketing materials
- Festival fees and materials
Why is this documentary important? If you love craft beer, you will learn that San Francisco was the epicenter of innovation and flavor west of the Mississippi. The first brewery in California started in San Francisco.
What happens if we do not reach our goal? The release of the film gets delayed. Delaying the release could mean more breweries opening and closing, making the current film irrelevant and all of our hard work wasted.
What happened with your first IndieGoGo campaign? Fortunately we raised enough money to purchase some very necessary equipment for the initial film production.
We have made it this far and are so close to completing the film. Please support us by contributing to the campaign and Liking us on Facebook, and please spread the word!