What is Birdie
Birdie is an open source Twitter client created specifically for Linux. It is available today on GitHub, but unfortunately it does not provide all the features we'd like to have available. Our vision to create the best Twitter client available is still far from being reached.
What We Need
Today, we work on Birdie on our free time and slowly improve it. At this pace, we won't get where we want to be anytime soon. We want to have a reliable, fast and full featured client as soon as possible, not a few years from now. If you contribute to this campaign, you will make it possible for us to spend a lot more time on Birdie, and improve it at a much faster pace as well as focus our attention on it instead of other things.
What You Get
By contributing, you'll allow us to:
- Implement missing Twitter features
- Make Birdie rock solid, without crashes and weird bugs
- Integrate and test Birdie on the most popular distributions, so Birdie feels great whether you use Ubuntu, elementary OS, Fedora, etc.
- Optimize Birdie so it runs and feels faster
- Create packages and repositories for the most popular distributions
- Continue developing free open-source software that everyone can use, modify and redistribute
We will also modify Birdie so it can be distributed through the Ubuntu Software Center, although we can't promise it will be published, as we depend on Canonical to approve it.