Welcome to MagicSign™ project!
Welcome to MagicSign™ project!
Hello, my name is Zachary Braunstein. I’m an engineer (MSEE) with 30+ years’ experience. I hold several patents as an inventor, I’m a tinkerer and someone who enjoys working on projects which improve the quality of our lives.
After years of bringing industrial products from concept to production, I’m now focused on introducing products which enhance the beauty of our homes and the safety of our communities.
Like you, all my life I’ve lived in a dwelling that was virtually unidentifiable at night—whether to visitors or even my own children. Even during the daytime, my house number wasn’t easy to find. When I wanted to show my patriotism, I could hang a flag outside, I could put up decorations on Halloween, New Years and other holidays, and even sports memorabilia for my favorite teams in the windows. Of course at night, none of that was much to look at. Yes, I did hang up lights a few times, but it was just too much work for what I got in the end.
I’ve seen some pricier homes with their street numbers illuminated by incandescent light bulbs. You’ve seen them too—thick, ugly boxes, unevenly lit, burning hot, using lots of power and needing to be replaced many times a year.
time ago I thought that I could do better, and now I think that I have. This is my MagicSign™.
Below are illustrations of the MagicSign™-1000 illuminating street address.
The MagicSign™ is designed in compliance to NEC and UL, completely
customizable, LED lit house/apartment number sign that you can control
remotely. You can change colors, intensity and even illumination patterns on
the fly. The LEDs will last for years and you can print out inexpensive inserts (SignSheets™) completely alter the look and message. You can use it to celebrate
holidays or special occasions, root for your favorite teams, or display any
message you want.
With optional MagicBackupPower™ kit you’ll always have the peace of mind that MagicSign™ will be there and operational when you need it most. The MagicSign™ will illuminate your street address even if there is no electricity, such as partial or complete power outage in your area.
Illustrations of the MagicSign™ are based on real photo's and video's. As an examples, street address numbers: "1422", "3879", "7839" and "17825" are used.
Please note, there is ONE SPECIAL PERK providing you with an opportunity to receive the limited production version of the MagicSign™-1000, configured with a SignSheet™ of "Happy New Year". Photos below with power OFF, and illuminated in blue-green-red colors for a street address "1422" as an example.
This limited edition of 100 units of the MagicSign™-1000 are illuminated with total of 24 RGB LED’s, 12 at the top, and 12 at the bottom. If we reach our project target, these units will be delivered before December 29, 2013, in-time for the New Year celebration!
The 24 functions Remote supports 16 colors, and 4 special illumination effects. It remembers its last setting before Power OFF. So, when you turn your MagicSign™ ON, it will continue to operate in the same mode before it was turned OFF.
During the year you can change the image of your MagicSign™ by printing one of your own designs, or using one of our template SignSheets™ from our expanding library. Few examples for sport fans in LA are shown below.
The regular production units of MagicSign™-1000 will have total of 12 RGB LED’s illuminating the image from the top down.
We need your support
The product looks AWESOME!
You will appreciate the FEATURES, including:
- Making your street address visible in evenings and night hours, helping visitors you are expecting, finding your location as soon as practically possible. Show you CARE. They will appreciate your COURTESY!
- Configure your sign for upcoming holiday, or your favorite sport, or party... give it a character, have FUN!
- Low power consumption, with battery backup making your sign visible during complete power outage, providing EMERGENCY LIGHTING of the area underneath the sign.
Improve SAFETY of your community by avoiding "stressed" drivers (friends, pizza delivery, etc.) looking for your residence during the evening and night hours...
Help First Responders in their line of duty should they ever need to find your residence during evening or night hours... it will reduce their RESPONSE TIME!
In order to bring this beautiful and useful product to market, we need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Complete design of hardware and firmware for automatic adjustments of the power to LED's based on ambient light sensor, internal temperature sensor, and supply voltage when provided by battery. This feature applies to all MagicSign™ and MagicSignNet™ devices.
- Design hardware and firmware of MagicSignNet™ for wireless operation under control from a network Host. This feature will further assist First Responders attending to an emergency within a condominium or an apartment complex, reducing their response time by several minutes.
- Design custom tooling for the plastic base for model MagicSign™-15XX in support of address signs of up to 6 characters long.
- Design custom tooling for the plastic base for model MagicSign™-2XXX in support of address signs of up to 7 characters long.
- Obtain UL48 certification for hard-wired configuration.
- Obtain respective FCC certification for MagicSignNet™ products.
- Setup production logistics for all models ordered through Indiegogo and deliver top quality products as promised.
In addition to considerable investments made by our team, we need your support to raise additional $95,000 which will cover the following expenses:
- Tooling costs for MagicSign™-15XX series supporting signs up to 6 characters long
- Tooling costs for MagicSign™-2XXX series supporting signs up to 7 characters long
- Non-recurring engineering costs of designing, prototyping, and production release of the MagicSign™ controls based on status of: ambient light, internal temperature and battery voltage
- Non-recurring engineering costs of designing, prototyping, and production release of the MagicSignNet™ series
- UL testing and approvals for MagicSign™ and MagicSignNet™ intended for hard-wired installations. NOTE: Hard-wired installation may be required by local ordinance in some areas.
- FCC testing and approvals for MagicSignNet™
- Non-recurring engineering costs of setting up production logistics, customer support
- Production costs of the models ordered by our customers through Indiegogo
We appreciate every backer for contribution and assistance in the realization of this project. Share the MagicSign™ with your friends and relatives. Every community will benefit from having illuminated street address signs!
For questions or just to say hello, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems with payments, please contact email@example.com
For latest news visit www.MagicStreetSign.com.Please consider promoting our MagicSign™ project using Indiegogo "share tools". Thanks!
Below are illustrations of the models being offered, with a list of OPTIONAL features for each Model.
List of Available Options:
- MagicBackupPower™. Ensures your light is functional during power outage
Ambient Light, Temperature. Enables controller to turn the LED lights ON, when needed, and also adjust the light intensity to sustain reliability of the product and longevity of the LED devices expected at 50,000 hours
Interface. Connects the sign to a wireless network for real-time configuration updates, and controls
Battery. Further improves efficiency of the MagicSign™
Please note: extra charges apply for Shipping and applicable Sales Taxes.