Be Relentless Update:
Norma and the team are in Cancun, Mexico and the historic triathlon is underway!
Please visit BeRelentless.iEmpathize.org
to track Norma's progress and sponsor a mile or more!
Be Relentless is a binational, bilingual, feature-length documentary that follows single mom, survivor and ultra athlete, Norma Bastidas, as she doubles the world record for longest triathlon of more than 3,500 miles from Cancun, Mexico to Washington D.C. to empower survivors everywhere. Her mission is to demonstrate to the world that one's past does not dictate one's future, and prove that everyday people are capable of making extraordinary strides in the fight against the problems facing the world today.
“Ultras are tough, both physically and emotionally, but the challenge is only temporary. After I finish an ultra, my life goes back to normal, but survivors have to keep overcoming huge challenges every day of their lives.”
- Norma Bastidas
Thank you for being a part of the team and making history with Norma!
Based on our budget of $330,000, each mile that Norma runs, bikes and
swims (slightly more than 3,500) costs approximately $100.
Your dollars can be converted into
$1 will fuel Norma and the team for .01 miles,
$100 = 1 mile
$500 = 5 miles
$1000 = 10 miles
and so onMajor expenses:
- Transportation during the triathlon (RV for Norma and her athletic support team, a 15-pasenger van and a small SUV for the documentary crew)
- Crew stipends for team of 15 for 40+ days of filming
- Film gear rental (2 GoPros, 5D, sound, lights, drone, walkie talkies)
- Food and fuel for our team of 15 for 40+ days of filming
- Flights for 15-person crew
- Insurance (travel, gear, rental vehicle)
- Permit fees (major U.S. cities include San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington D.C.)
- Boat and kayak rental in Cancun
- Nightly hotel accommodations
- Communications in Mexico (internet, cell phone, data)
- Shipping athletic and film equipment to Cancun and from Washington D.C.
We knew that our next project needed to have a broader
impact, reach an expanded audience, engage multiple sectors in multiple
countries, and spread Norma's message to entire world. Norma's record-breaking triathlon allows people
everywhere to focus on the solution instead of the problem, thereby
encouraging them to consider their role in ending sexual exploitation
and modern slavery.
Additional Ways You Can Support Survivors, Norma and the Be Relentless Documentary and Movement
Want to Be Relentless, but can't support us
financially at this time?
Please consider taking these simple steps and
joining Norma as a relentless warrior in one of the greatest human rights
battles of our time:
- Follow Norma on Facebook and Twitter and track her progress
live starting on March, 1 at BeRelentless.iEmpathize.org
- Change your Facebook profile photo to the Be Relentless logo.
Tell your friends and family that countless people are being sold against their will right now in backyards across the U.S. Then, tell them about Norma's incredible journey to end it, and ask what role they could play in this movement.
- Share this link with your friends and family using Indiegogo's share button. Ask them to share it with their friends.
- Learn more about Be Relentless and iEmpathize's additional anti-human trafficking campaigns.
- Break a world (or local) record of your own or complete a triathlon in
the name of human trafficking victims and survivors. If Norma can, so can you.
Team on This Campaign:
Associate Producer, Sound Mixer
Associate Producer, Second AC
Production Coordinator, Interpreter
Producer / Director
Director of Photography
Record-Breaking Ultra Athlete, Survivor, Subject of Be Relentless