FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS WE HAVE SOME LAST MINUTE SPECIAL PERKS. HAVE A LOOK! ---->
What are we doing?
We are helping social organizations amplify their positive impact in the communities they serve. We are empowering social entrepreneurs in Africa and South Africa. We are helping young business leaders become better ones. We are promoting responsible leadership. We are improving the lives of thousands of people. This is The Ripple Effect.
What are we going to do with $50,000?
- Increase our partnerships in developing communities and help them solve poverty-related issues. This means more organizations we can help, thus helping more and in a better way the groups they serve.
- Take more Emzingo fellows where they’re needed and promote responsible leadership. The more fellows we place, the more people we can reach and help.
- And continue to empower and promote socially responsible entrepreneurship around the globe. Social entrepreneurs can improve the life of a community; they generate economic growth and can alleviate poverty.
Why this campaign?
We are convinced the Emzingo model is something that should go beyond the people who are directly involved and we know it can be attractive to an open, international community of young, active individuals who believe in making the world a better place by working together and conquering their dreams.
This is why, we’ve decided to use Indiegogo, a popular, open, international, modern and democratic platform to help us raise awareness and reach our fundraising goal. By doing so, we can allow others within our Emzingo community be a direct part of our growth and join our movement, but also spread the word to others who don’t know about the work we do. We know it’s not easy, but we also know together, we can make it happen.
We are so convinced of the importance of the Emzingo program, that we launched an “all or nothing” campaign. What this means is that, if we do not reach our goal by the end of the campaign, all contributions will be automatically returned to all of the funders. The support and opportunity to directly benefit the communities in which we serve will be lost.
If I fund your project what do I get?
Besides the satisfaction of knowing that you are actually directly improving the lives of people around the world, depending on your contribution you'll receive a perk. For example:
Or even visit one of our programs in South Africa or Peru in 2013! How amazing would that be?!?
BE A CHANGE-MAKER
EMZINGO: THE BEGINING OF THE DREAM
Madrid, Spain. 2008.
Emzingo started, as most life-changing projects do, at a meeting among friends… While completing their MBA program in Madrid, three IE Business School students, Ramon, Amani and Drew, realized they shared a stubborn commitment towards changing the status quo in ways that would promote long-term social development.
Determined to turn their dreams into reality, they put themselves to work and after only a few months, the first Emzingo program was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. Emzingo was ready to make real, long-lasting change and hasn’t stopped since, bringing on-board Daniel, Pablo, and Chris to continue its mission.
EMZINGO: A MAGIC CIRCLE
The word Emzingo comes from the Swahili word "M’zingo" which means "Circumference/Circle" and is used to describe "Community".
We chose this name because we believe in building a world where business leaders and organizations are committed to integrating social responsibility, environmental sustainability, and financial success; an “M’zingo” world where we learn from one another and work together towards a more prosperous, empowered, and inclusive society.
HOW WE MAKE REAL, LASTING CHANGE
- We look for amazing non-profits and social enterprises from around the world and work with them to amplify their impact in their communities;
- We bring together some of the world’s most promising leaders from the business, academic, and social sectors to work together on socially and environmentally responsible projects;
- We address some of the most challenging issues including but not limited to poverty eradication, HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention, social enterprises development, environmental preservation, and the promotion of gender equality;
- We’ve already worked hand-in-hand with nearly 30 local field partners in South Africa and Peru to help tackle some of the fundamental challenges these communities face, but we’re not done!
WE WON’T SETTLE
We’ve come a long way, but we know this is only the beginning of long-term social impact.
We are now committed to raising over one million dollars within the next three years to further expand our programs, reaching even more developing communities around the world, but only you can help make that happen!
CONTRIBUTE. SPREAD THE WORD. BE A CHANGE-MAKER.
To kick-start this exciting journey, we’re launching an inspiring crowd funding campaign aiming to raise awareness and the first $50,000. Become part of the Emzingo community and together we can take a step towards changing the lives of millions of people… Together we can make it happen!
With your help we will be able to:
- Increase our partnerships in developing communities and help them solve poverty-related issues
- Take more Emzingo fellows where they’re needed and promote responsible leadership,
- And to continue to empower and promote socially responsible entrepreneurship around the globe
BE AWESOME, BE EMZINGO!
Since June 2010, we’ve run 7 programs, and managed over 50 projects....
- 28 The number of NGOs, social enterprises, and community based organizations we have supported in South Africa and Peru.
- 78 NexGen Fellows that have participated from 39 nationalities attending four academic institutions: IE Business School, Leeds Business School, London School of Economics, and ESADE.
- 1,058 Learning hours, coaching hours, and mentoring hours delivered.
- 15,540 Consulting hours provided by NexGen Fellows to field partner clients/Hours working in Emerging Market.
Learn more about us at our website.
The launch of this campaign could not have been possible without the invaluable help, input and contribution of:
- My inspiring colleagues: Ramon, Drew, Amani, Chris, Daniel and Maryem. They endured the endless pursuit for the perfect take for the video, the last minute emails and the hours of proofreading.
- The Emzingo fellows that contributed sharing their stories and photos. Big shout out to Raffaele, Marcel, Anna, Adriaan, Peter, Momen, Andy, Nuno, Yvonne, Jessica P., Kathi, Susan, Sneha, Luis and Skye.
- To those big supporters that helped out during the countless hours previous to launching the campaign with their comments, ideas and support: Kerry, Felix, Macarena, Lesley, Joaquin, Neil and Braden.
- And our amazing field partners in South Africa and Peru, that their passion to solve social issues, help communities and empower social entrepreneurship inspires the very reason of Emzingo! Thank you for trusting us and let us be part of your mission.