We are a 5-piece independent pop band from Pittsburgh, PA called Balloon Ride Fantasy. We have been a full band since Fall 2011. We have been working hard to write songs, develop our sound and connect with other artists and listeners. We've also done the following:
- Released our debut 7-track EP, Monocle City.
- Had our music played on radio stations like 105.9 the X and WYEP 91.3 FM; and played live at WYEP Studios.
- Played shows at some of Pittsburgh's best venues, like Brillobox, Club Cafe, Thunderbird Cafe and Howler's Coyote Cafe.
- Been featured in some great publications and music blogs, like Pittsburgh City Paper, Carnegie Mellon University's "The Cut" Music Magazine, LoudSilence.com, PghTuneAddict, Grassrootsy, and Hugh Shows' First/Last.
- Won songwriting contests on Indabamusic.com, as well as had one of our songs featured in a video for their new company headquarters in New York.
As we record our first full-length album and second release, we are getting very excited for everyone to hear our new songs. But since we are a relatively new and independent band, it can be tough to afford all of the album-related costs by ourselves. That’s why we’ve decided to reach out and humbly ask our friends, family and the general public for your support. Your secure donation will help us bring our new songs to life in a polished and professional way. It will also help us to reach new and exciting opportunities.
What We Need & What You Get
We need at least $4,500 to complete the recording and release of this album. It seems like a lot to ask for a relatively new band, so we set our fundraising goal at $3,500. We are giving our campaign 60 days to reach our goal (so the campaign will be active until July 910, 2013).
Specifically, your contribution will be going towards the recording, mixing, mastering, duplication, packaging and promotion of this album.
In exchange for your generous contribution, you will receive rewards or “perks” from us, such as a copy or download of the new album, a band t-shirt, your name in the liner notes of the new album, a live show by the band, and/or even a hot air balloon ride, (it only seemed natural given our band name).
Please see the "Perks" section of this page in the right hand column for more details on all of our exciting rewards and donation levels!
NOTE: If we fall short of our $3,500 goal, we will still be plenty appreciative of any contributions that we receive AND they will still go towards some important aspect of our new album. Also, you will still receive the rewards for your donations!
More about our music, the band and our campaign:
We believe our songs are valuable and deserve to be heard. We strive to make quality modern pop songs that are unique, interesting and fun to hear. Putting out this album means continuing to thrive creatively and extending our sound to more listeners who can help us reach our lofty music ambitions.
Here are some of the nice things music critics are saying about our sound:
- "Balloon Ride Fantasy...provides an intelligent twist on today's "indie-rock" style band...[they] have taken new wave to the next level." - Carnegie Mellon's The Cut Music Magazine.
- "[Monocle City] features some tight harmonies and well-placed sound experimentation -- Beautiful...No reason this band shouldn't take off.” - Pittsburgh City Paper
- "...this is one of the best submissions that I’ve received in a while...Their sound was really refreshing when I hit play the first time, the next time, and the time after that, but something about them had me place them on my iPhone....They produced extremely melodic hooks that grab a hold of you...” - LoudSilence.com music blog
- "Balloon Ride Fantasy produces alternative synth pop tunes that can and do deduce a sudden urge to move your body. The vocals, which flow really good with the instrumentals, make the songs pretty catchy." - PghTuneAddict music blog
All of us live and breathe music. The songs that we write, play and perform give our lives meaning. Since we are an independent band, we pay for everything ourselves and don't make a dime of profit! All of the money we make from our live shows goes back into the band. (Hence why we all work day jobs and some of our cars are falling apart). We put all of our spare money into buying instruments and various other band costs like paying the rent for our practice room. We wish it were less expensive and more lucrative. But the reality of the industry is that most musicians sacrifice financial riches for artistic riches. We don't do it to profit, we do it because we love it. We care about challenging ourselves musically and stylistically and delivering quality music to the listeners.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Spread the word! If you like our music, tell your friends about us and about our campaign! Post this link to your Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Contact us! Send us a friendly message or post via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail. We are very susceptible to flattery.
- Request us! Tell your local radio station, music publication or blog to play our songs and/or feature us!
- Make us fan art! We love art and are always looking for new and exciting logo ideas to help represent our music!
- Come to our shows! Please be sure to come and say hello when you do. We love making new friends.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING THIS PAGE AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Chris, Phil, Brad, Jordan and Bethany
of Balloon Ride Fantasy