August 30th, 8 until Late
Game devs work their butts off at PAX and two years ago Avery started throwing industry parties as a way to say "thanks" to his fellow industry members for everyone's hard work at PAX. The thing is he tried to run it on a shoestring budget, and each year the party grows and he can no longer afford to float the expenses alone. What started as a house party has grown into a live concert series with a world-class art show, catering, indoor soccer fields, and more craziness!
Please help Avery make this a fun event that puts smiles on the faces of all those people working so hard at PAX, and he'll make sure to ask his guests to pay it forward all conference long. To make sure all donors can get in on the action, Konas Korner has offered to set up a live stream of the event for all to participate in with questions, comments and more!
* Note, supporting this project does not guarantee live admission to the event, unless otherwise guaranteed by a reward perk. This year, for the first time, every donor will have access to the online live stream video and chat to participate! Want to ask the artist behind your favorite game a question? Do it!
Kicking Off PAX Right for Devs
PAX Prime in Seattle is an amazing show, and what makes it special is that gamers and developers get to have real conversations with each other. It's bloody hard to work to work at PAX, though. For up to a week before hand, devs are building booths, running cables, patching software, hauling swag, and doing things that make PAX so much fun for everyone. After all that work, even the nicest devs can be burned out by Friday when the doors open and tens of thousands of gamers stream in.
That's why Avery throws a party the night before PAX: to offer devs a place to unwind, have fun and network before the main event. Since 2010, many industry insiders have come to think of this as the event to kick off PAX right. Devs work hard for us, and this is a nice little way to give back to them. If we can put a few more smiles on their faces while they're working the hall floor, panels, and special events then we have succeeded!
Avery's a producer with five years experience in the industry, and a penchant for throwing good parties. His only realy skill is having dozens of amazing and talented industry friends who make this kind of event work on a very small budget!
What We'll Do..
To throw a good shindig, we need to fund the following...
- $1500 - Location: An amazing split-level venue walking distance from PAX with an indoor soccer field used to play Ninja, massive projector for gaming, table-tennis, room for a food truck, and more.
- $3000 - Beverages: Game developers love frosty beverages, and the more funding we secure the more we can offer variety.
- $700 - Printing: This allows us to print fliers, passes, posters, and rewards
- $750 - Sound Equipment: Rental mixer, DJ decks, PA, cables, mics, etc.
- $500 - Art Design: Carl Faulkner has offered a cut-rate to design and paint this year's original party art.
- $25 - Paperwork: State licenses, permits, printing, etc.
- $400 - Online Fees: This is the cut fundraising and ticketing companies will take.
- $250 - Sundry Costs: Gasoline, tap rentals, ice, buckets, cups, coolers, jugs, rental tables, gaffer tape, etc.
What people have donated already and we don't need to raise for...
- Sizeable secret donation from a regular guest over the last two years
- Hundreds of volunteer hours for planning, guest list management, set-up, tear-down, transporting supplies, security, bartending, etc.
- Live musical performances from great artists
- Live DJ sets
- Original art from world-reknowned painters
- Art show curation, selection, transportation, hanging, lighting, etc.
- Live streaming video crew and equipment
- On-site gaming
- Event Photography
- Energy Drinks
If we surpass our funding goal, there's more we can do to make the party an event to remember...
- A return of last year's food truck!
- Addition of alternative beverages for people that have different tastes!
- Better sound equipment!
- Food for Volunteers!
- Pay off debts from the last two parties!
Their are two things this party does for everyone that loves to play games: get industry members in a great mood for PAX, and help make important connections between professionals. Literally dozens of working projects and relationships have spun out of these parties over the last two years, from live music concerts to people collaborating on indie games.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you'd like to see this sort of event continue, Please put the word out about this fundraiser, just link to this page!