Have you ever wondered where did all the money go?
Perhaps, if you have, then you probably wanted to put things in order, but you really didn't want to waste too much time on it.
Big Excel sheets or special programs often bring complexity that few people like. We want to change that.
We have come with a concept of a simple and easy to use expense tracking program where keeping log on your finances would not require that much time.
The idea is to build an Android application which is wizard-like, having the possibility to record data not only using the touch-screen, but also with voice recognition.
The data entry will not be under a standard set of menus and screens, but the user interface will be built as you speak which.
The application will consist of the following parts:
- Expense and income recording part (with dynamic speech-driven user interface)
- Monthly balances (including automatic allocation of non-recorded expenses)
- Optional creation of target budgets and baseline periods
- Settings part (for defining categories, etc.)
- Statistics and charts
- Optional cloud storage for backup purposes
Say you want to record an expense.
The moment you enter the application, it will ask you whether you would like to add an expense. Suppose you say yes. It will then ask you, hmmm, well, what was the expense? You just name it.
It goes like this:
The application analyses your speech in the current context and builds the screen upon your input.
After processing the speech it is translated to controls such as drop-down menues and input fields where you can adjust the data using the usual way if you like.
Similar with recording incomes:
Reports and charts:
We need initial support for the effort. Building such application involves modern technologies like speech recognition and natural language processing.
This means that in order to make it happen, it would require quite a big effort.
There will be several products that will come out of the project:
- usual Android application
- premium version of the Android app, which would contain extras especially built for the early supporters
- home accounting solution that includes Android box pluggable in the TV, with the application pre-loaded and equipped with a special keyboard for easier editing