This campaign will raise money for a compilation album of young poets in the inner city of Chicago, and then use the album to amplify the importance of arts education within Chicago Public schools and Chicagoland communities for years to come.
The AMP Youth Project 2012 is a collaborative project between Agape Media Productions, young poets, and leaders of the Chicago poetry scene.
The project is designed to:
- Give youth in our communities a platform to express themselves creatively
- Address the violence plaguing Chicago communities
- Amplify young poets’ ability to effectively transform the lives of youth through creative arts
We are trying to raise 30,000 dollars to:
- Produce an album in studio and cover cost of legal registration
- Market and sell album online via Spotify, itunes & Amazon
- Generate campaign media content
- Satisfy our fundraising incentive, which contribute to our marketing
Our goal is to have this project released in the Fall of 2012. We plan to launch the album’s with a series of performances and events in which these young artists and poets will share their talents with their peers, communities and you -- the supporters.
We hope to guide these youth on a path toward growth as professional artists, activists and business leaders. With positive artists and role models not being put on a platform to speak to youth, it is imperative to give youth a platform to reach out to change the trend of violence amongst youth in the city of Chicago.
Hip Hop is the language of today’s youth, and can be used to inspire the minds of not only the youth involved in this project, but youth within Chicago Public schools, Chicagoland area and Worldwide for years to come.
Every Dollar Counts! Check out our Incentives! --->
Spread the word -- Be Sure to Share This Campaign Using the Indiegogo Share Button
Remember research shows that engaging youth in positive activities beyond the school day results in positive social change.