Artipia Games proudly presents Among the Stars. A new card drafting game by Greek designer Vangelis Bagiartakis.
After a devastating war, peace is declared among all the major races of the galaxy and an Alliance is created to face a mutual threat.
One of the first decisions of the Alliance, is to build space stations all along the galaxy in order to promote trade among the races, strengthen diplomatic relations and help keep the newly established peace.
Each player takes the role of one of those races, trying to build the best space station.
Players use a card drafting mechanism, select location cards and place them on their station. According to where they place them, they score victory points. The construction lasts 4 rounds and whoever has the most points in the end wins.
Our main goal is to raise $8,000. We have a busy and ambitious production schedule for 2012 and your contributions will help us bring this game to life.
The English version of the Among the Stars rulebook can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
- English Rulebook
- 4 Main Reactor cards (Square 7x7cm)
- 72 Basic Location cards (Square 7x7cm)
- 44 Special Location cards (Square 7x7cm)
12 Power Reactor cards (Square 7x7cm)
- 8 Objective cards (Square 7x7cm)
- 12 Conflict cards (Square 7x7cm)
- 8 Racial Abilities (8x5cm punched board)
- 1 Score Board (16.8cm x 26cm)
- 4 Player marker hexes (punched board)
- 1 Turn marker hex (punched board)
- 32 1-credit tokens (punched board)
- 12 5-credit tokens (punched board)
- 30 Energy Cubes (Tranparent Plastic 1.2x1.2x1.2cm)
- Ziplock PE-Bags
Among the Stars uses a card drafting mechanism.
The game is played in 4 rounds (each round represents 1 year of construction). Each round every player receives 6 location cards. During each turn all the players at the same time, select a location card from their hand and pass the remaining cards to the next player. Then each player, can do 1 of 3 things with the location card he chose:
- Build it in his Station by paying the required credit and/or energy cost (forming a grid on the table)
- Discard it to earn credits
- Convert is to a Power Reactor in order to increase the Station's energy
In Among the Stars each player takes over the role of an alien race. Each race has a different special ability which gives the player an advantage during the game.
1) I just made my contribution on a perk with more than one options. How will Artipia know which game(s) I pre-ordered?
Once our funding goal is met, we will contact you via email to verify your postal address and which games you have pre-ordered.
2) I made a contribution and later on a friend wanted to join in. How can I get the discount of a Combo Pack or Artipia Pack ?
You can use the "Perk Upgrade" perk and contribute the remaining amount.
Example: You pre-ordered Among the Stars by contributing $55. A friend later tells you he wants to pre-order Briefcase. You can use the "Perk Upgrade" perk and contribute another $45. This way you would each get -$5 on your games.
Once you upgrade, please let us know at email@example.com
3) I want a combination of games or quantities that do not exist in the available perks. What should I do?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a quote for the games you want. Then you can make a contribution using the "Perk Upgrade" perk.
4) I want to pre-order a copy of Briefcase. Does it include the 37 promos cards that were offered in your previous Indiegogo campaign?
Yes, all promos are there. Our Briefcase funding campaign was really short and several people didn't get a chance to pre-order the game. This campaign partially serves as an extension for our Briefcase campaign. You can find all information about Briefcase on the link below.
5) Are there any other benefits from pre-ordering the game from Artipia's campaign or web store?
Yes. By pre-ordering games from our webstore or contributing to our campaigns you will have free access to all our non-boxed future expansions. You will have the option to receive such expansions by only paying for their shipping cost which in most cases should be $2 or less.
Such an expansion is soon going to be available for Drum Roll.
6) I can see that Briefcase and Drum Roll are available in several perks. Where can I find more information about those games?
For more information about our other games, please can use the following links:
Artipia Games website
Briefcase on BGG
Drum Roll on BGG
7) Why perks that include Drum Roll have limited slots?
There are very few copies of Drum Roll remaining and this is why have added limited slots on those perks.
- Supporters from USA and Canada will be receiving the game through our local distributor which allows us to offer a shipping cost equal to EU.
- Supporters from all other countries should include $10 more in their payments because of the higher shipping costs.
- If you choose a perk that includes Among the Stars and another game, you will receive both games when Among the Stars is released. If you wish to receive the other game earlier you will need to deposit $10 more and notify us at email@example.com so we can ship the other game to you separately.