I participated in the 2012 Science Fair with my Sophomore year project on an invention I made to get oil out of algae. I focused on fixing the desparity of algae biofuels right now: the $12-25/gallon pricetag. My invention has reduced that operational cost down to about $0.96/gallon.
After receiving many awards and media attention, I am looking to now get funding for my project so that I can take it to the next level. I need to purchase a biodiesel processor so that I can convert oil I produce from the algae into biodiesel. Excess funds will help me secure my own patent and work towards a scaled up algae biofuel production facility!
What We Need & What You Get
What I need:
- The processor-$3,000(http://www.homebiodieselkits.com/homeprocessors.html)
- Chemicals lye and methanol for transesterification-$1,500
- Various safety equipment-$2,500
What I can offer:
- Have a video chat to answer your questions
- Name the facility after you
- T-shirts (pending) with company logo
Why help some teenager?
- This method is groundbreaking reducing the cost for algae fuel from $25/gallon to merely $0.96/gallon,
- Innovation is crucial to move along the renewable energy markert.
- This product alone could revolutionize the algae fuel market if it makes it to production!
I forsee owning my patent and never selling out to BIG OIL. Doing this would drown my project and it would never see the light of day. I want to help make a change!
Begin Biodiesel production converting waste vegetable oil from local restaurants and homegrown algae oil into biodiesel with a state of the art processor. The profits fund phase 2
Take the provisional patent on my invention to full patent. Once a full patent is obtained, prototyping begins to create an algae oil production technology to be licensed out to large scale algae production systems.
I hope to begin the construction of my very own pilot plant 1/10 acre algae production/growth facility to produce oil in much larger quantities. The technology may also be applied to water treatment systems.
How else can you help
Simply spread this link! If you can't help right now maybe the next person can!
Go to my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/algaefuel and LIKE it!
If you have other ways of helping my project, my email is Wolfjosh0@gmail.com