Start a Ripple With Us...
We are two grandmothers on a mission to inspire kindness in individuals and our communities.
Did you know
- It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students.
- 1 out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school
- 86% of students said, “other kids picking on them, making fun of them or bullying them” causes teenagers to turn to lethal violence in the schools
- In 2011, an estimated 1,203,564 violent crimes occurred nationwide
- Some 2 million American workers are victims of workplace violence each year
- The number of hate groups in the U.S. has grown each year for the past 11 years, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Community breakdown is related to public attitudes and society's weakening belief in the power of community and communal responses
Our society is rapidly changing and it's time for a KINDNESS MOVEMENT. We are raising funds here to create The Kindness Wave, a movement to inspire individuals and communities to create a kinder, more caring place to live. And we want to build an awesome and interactive website, a focal point where "all things kind" can come together and awaken everyday kindness in everyone.
There are organizations out there already, many of them targeting our schools, to help make the world a kinder place. However, many of these efforts are suffering during these difficult economic times. The Kindness Wave will link them all together and help fund their success. We have worked hard over the last year putting together the details to make this dream happen. Now we need your help.
Do you believe kindness can change the world? The Kindness Wave does and we need your help spreading the word! Will you join us?
Each and every one of us is important and when we recognize this very significant fact, we are empowered to make a real difference.
The Kindness Wave believes everyone has the ability to be kind and that a little kindness creates more kindness. What if all of us were kind everyday? The world would be a different place; that's for sure.
Benefits of Being Kind
Research suggests that once you start doing nice things for other people, you won't want to stop. Studies have proven giving to others makes us happy, maybe even happier than spending on ourselves. There is some evidence that being habitually altruistic raises dopamine levels in the brain, which leaves people feeling a sense of calm, greater self-worth, an absence of emotional stress, and generally happier. In addition, scientists have discovered ‘mirror neurons’ in the brain that mimic what people see on the faces of others so that they can feel what those others are feeling. Being kind is contagious, creating a ripple effect that truly has no end, making the world a kinder place.
The Website Details
The Kindness Wave will be creating an online social community where each member will have an online profile so they can share and grow kindness together. The site will link communities together showcasing their events and inspire other communities to join them. There are numerous organizations that promote kindness and we will be seeking to link all of them on the site and featuring one monthly. Each organization featured will receive 10% of that months net profit. We will generate revenue through the sale of a trackable kindness card, a kindness store and business sponsorship. The site will be filled with infomation about kindness including, quotes, ideas, what kindness is, why be kind, kindness in action and much more. Our Wave News will feature stories about kind acts from all over the world. All this and much more coming soon!
Where the Funds are Going
- Towards building a truly innovative, interactive social-networking website
- To create a tracking system to track the kindness cards around the globe
- Advertising on social media, the internet and radio to get the word out
- Initiate a Resolution for a National Day of Kindness in the US
- To cover the perks here on Indiegogo and the campaign fee
- 10% of the funds will be donated to organizations promoting kindness
Just in case the goal isn't met here, we want all of you to know we are completely commited to fulfilling this mission!
You've heard the term "Random Acts of Kindness" right? It is a term that was coined over 30 years ago that has produced countless acts of kindness. While it has produced many good things, it is now time to awaken Everyday Kindness in the hearts of everyone everywhere. The Kindness Wave will lead the way by providing a platform where everyone can join together in a collective effort, creating kinder communities everyday. We've already had great response on our Facebook page with over 17,000 likes in less a month from people all over the globe. Now we want to create a unique social networking website that provides lots of opportunities for people to share and grow kindness, improving the lives of all who join us. Will you be one of them?
Other Ways You Can Help
Whether you can donate or not, we would love it if you helped us get the word out! Please use Indiegogo’s helpful share tools to create a ripple effect with your kind gesture. The tools are right here on this page under the video for Twitter, Facebook, email, and other methods for letting your friends, family, and social network know about The Kindness Wave. Also, please share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section found at the top of this campaign.
To everyone everywhere for sharing kindness everyday!