Over the years, I've brought you thoughtful and honest reviews of thousands of beauty products and treatments. So many of my readers have suggested to launch my own line of products since you felt that I understood what you really wanted. I've heard you LOUD and CLEAR.
Just like you, I too, am tired of hearing all about the next "trendy" ingredient. Brands are launching products just based on this ingredient alone (and most of the time it is the last ingredient on the label, which means it is barely in it!)
Just like you, I too, am tired of hearing how this or that product is the next "miracle" product that will solve all your skin care woes...heck it's even a multi-tasker and it's going to de-frizz your hair, make your nails grow stronger AND make you feel better about life in general. How could you possibly not want it??
Just like you, I too, am tired of reading advertisements and brands boasting the amazing effects of their products, even photoshopping to try to make you believe this is JUST what you NEED.
I don't claim to have developed a bath and body line that is so unique that it will blow you out of the water--no trendy ingredients, no miracle solution.
What I do have, is something purely honest and simple, something effective and natural. No marketing hype. No photoshop.
My product line is for women who read the labels. Women who care about not only what goes IN their bodies, but ON their bodies. Women who are looking for an effective skin care solution that aren’t persuaded by hype, but by proof.
For those of you who may not know me, I'm just like you – a wife, a mother of 4 energetic boys, a sister, a daughter, a friend… an all around busy woman. Who’s not busy these days?! Right? I’m also an entrepreneur and a believer in hard work, focus, dedication and dreams. From nothing, I built my beauty blog and my social media consulting business into something I’m very proud of, and along the way I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to work with some large, recognizable brands across various industries.
Now, I’m launching this new endeavor, and I couldn’t be more excited! However, I need your help to get it onto shelves. Whether you can donate $10, $25, $50 or more, everything is appreciated and will help bring me closer to the $4600 goal.
A Girl's Gotta Spa! Bath & Body
This will be a product line with ingredients that are 94-100% natural.
It is purely without:
- Synthetic Colors
Ingredients include a mix of natural colorants, exfoliants and fragrances. The fragrances speak for themselves! The essential oils used evoke each scent with such clarity and authenticity. We are initially launching with 2 scents: a fresh citrus scent that is invigorating and crisp! The Lemon, lime, pink grapefruit and orange are clearly defined and individualized in our citrus scent. Almost like having each fruit, at the peak of freshness, cut open in your shower (without the mess!) Our second scent is lavender, which is calming and soothing to the senses-- great to de-stress or to help you relax your way into rest.
The fragrance lingers on your skin for HOURS. Don't you hate when you apply a great smelling lotion, only to have the scent dissipate within the hour? My line has a fragrance that lasts--naturally!
We do not test on animals and our product line is made in the USA.
The products we are offering in phase 1 include: hydrating lotion, sugar scrub, body wash and lip balm; each product in two scents. In phase 2, we’ll be launching body butter and increasing our scent catalog. But, I won’t be stopping there. I don’t want to show my whole hand just yet, but suffice it to say that this will be a complete product line you’ll be using and loving for years to come!
My initial retail shop will be launched as an ecommerce sister site of the blog (U.S. shipping only.) I then plan to expand my distribution channel into select spas across the U.S.
What We Need & What You Get
I'm just looking for start up costs and a small cushion for marketing.
Here's the breakdown:
- Label and packaging design: I'll be working with my manufacturer and their creative team to design my labels and packaging. The costs involved for this for 4 products/2 scents each is $1020.
- Initial inventory costs are $1715.
- Costs for full sized products for marketing/PR is $200.
- Monthly fee for BigCommerce platform is $25/month.
- Cost for someone to code my ecommerce site is $1500.
- Materials for shipping, press materials are $200.
As I'm sure you know, there are other costs involved when launching products, but these were the most important to get covered.
What You Get When You Donate:
I can only ship in the U.S., so perks are U.S. only. (Sorry.)
- Donate $25: Thank you email from me and a lip balm (1 scent of your choice from the 2 scents we're launching.)
- Donate $50: Thank you email from me, lip balm (both scents.)
- Donate $100: Thank you email from me, I'll tweet my appreciate for your donation, lip balm (both scents), and a lotion (choose one scent from our line.)
- Donate $150: Thank you email from me, tweet of appreciation, lip balm (both scents, lotion (both scents.)
- Donate $200: Thank you email from me, tweet of appreciation, lip balm (both scents), lotion (both scents) and sugar scrub (1 scent.)
- Donate $250: Thank you email from me, tweet of appreciation, phone call from me thanking you, lip balm (both scents), lotion (both scents) and sugar scrub (both scents.)
If we don't meet our funding goal, the money raised will still go towards our costs to launch (we'll just have to resort to other methods to come up with the difference.)
What Your Donation Means to Me
- It will help realize a dream of mine (backed by a well thought-out business plan of course!)
- You will also be helping to create jobs, as my manufacturer, creative team, programmer, etc. are all ready to work!
- Most of all, you'll be meeting the needs of those who want something simple and effective as their body care line of choice.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute (and I totally understand), but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Help get the word out and make some noise about my campaign by tweeting, and sharing on social media sites and in forums.
- You could also subscribe to my blog. (It's a great resource!)
Founder: A Girl's Gotta Spa!