'A Bolt, A Bird' is a short film based around known events in the life of Nikola Tesla.
Nikola Tesla is one of the most significant inventors in history - but much of the recognition he received came after his death. In fact, towards the end of his life he was almost entirely bereft of money and company.
The film will feature not only the compelling character of the inventor, but also an exploration upon the power of death.
For additional information on this project, please refer to our website: www.infiniteidea.net
What We Need
Due to an unexpected upgrade in production materials available for the class, we only need $4,500.
If we raise our goal, the money would be distrubted as follows:
- To obtain the original locations/security/insurance: $1,750
- Professional talent and crew: $1,500
- Props/costumes: $1,000
- Equipment storage and transport: $250
If we exceed our goal:
- Additional efforts will be made to preserve the historic atmosphere, via more sophisticated props and costumes
- Money will be used for film festival entries and distribution
If we fall short of our goal:
- Budget allocations will be reassessed and costs will be cut. This is still a student project with a grade riding on it, so we will do the best we can with what we raise.
- A small stipend from Tisch, originally intended to cover transaction fees, will be applied to our general budget costs.
What You Get
No matter which donation level you select, each price is a multiple of 3, Tesla's favorite number. So you're celebrating Tesla just donating in multiples of 3! A donation of $9 or more gets you a thank you on our website and in the credits of the final film.
Gifts include original storyboard illustrations based on the film and an original Tesla-themed game designed by the crew. We also have film-inspired birdhouses - "A Bolt, A Little Birdhouse", designed by Etsy artist LovePeaceLight. http://www.etsy.com/shop/LovePeaceLight?ref=shop_sugg
Tesla merchandise like posters, t-shirts, and iPhone cases in limited quantity courtesy of our sponsor, CafePress. http://www.cafepress.com/
Speaking of sponsorships, they, along with Associate Producer credits, are available.
if a gift you want is fully claimed, it isn't the end of the world - send us an email at email@example.com and we'll work it out for you.
Recognition and material reward aren't even the best part - if you're a Tesla enthusiast, you will enjoy helping to tell this unique part of Tesla's story. That's what motivated us to make this project in the first place.
Other Ways You Can Help
We know that giving money can be hard but if you're a Tesla enthusiast like us, just spread the word about Tesla by sharing this project.