My Brother's Last Wish
When my brother died his last wish was that we give a waiter or waitress a $500 tip. Thanks to family we did that and shared it on YouTube. That first video created a tidal wave of giving, and now I want to spread those $500 tips to every state in the country. I have the money to give away; now I just need to get around the country finding amazing people to give it to!
Why Do We Need Your Help and What's Do You Get?
I have the money for all the $500 tips, but I need your help to make the travel possible!
- $5,000 covers my travel expenses (mostly gas - 15,000 miles is expensive) so that I can make my way across the USA. for 6+ months.
- The $500 tips will all be given from money we already have.
- I will CouchSurf and stay with friends to make things as affordable as possible.
All the videos will be posted the day I give the tip, but for only $35 you'll get a DVD set containing all of the videos, so you can watch them all from your sofa, plus watch extended interviews and footage from the journey.
Why Is This So Important?
Watching the videos is great, but people who have come along to experience this always come away feeling overwhelmed and touched. I want to make that possible for as many people as possible. Through this road trip I can engage people by:
- Surprising them with $500 tips as a random act of kindness.
- Bringing strangers I met across the country to dinner to share the act of kindness and generosity.
I want to make as many people as possible part of this journey. That's why every week I've tried to invite friends and strangers along for the adventure. Now, I'm inviting you to help and be part of it yourself. Anything over the goal will allow me to spend more time in the communities I visit, engaging people and volunteering my time for other amazing projects like Habitat for Humanity.
Other Ways You Can Help
I know money is tight. Every dollar helps, but if you can't do that, please share the campaign and spread the word. It only takes a moment of your time, and it helps so very much. In fact, if you share the campaign on Facebook and contact me I'll include your name in the credits!