My name is Nikki Miller-Ka and I am a food blogger based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. In July 2013, I entered the Dixie Crystals Brownie Dessert Contest on a whim, and WON!
Subsequently, I was invited to compete in the World Food Championships in Las Vegas. Dixie Crystals is my corporate sponsor, but the sponsorship does not cover the nuts and bolts to compete alongside world-renowned chefs, restaurants and home cooks in this national arena.
What I Need & What You Get
- I need $2600 to cover all ingredients, equipment and other incidentals.
- Ovens and refrigeration are provided but nothing else. I need ingredients such as: flour, chocolate, eggs, cream, butter, red wine, sugar, herbs, spices, extracts and I need equipment such as: mixers, blenders, food processors, tongs, and whisks to be purchased and transported to Las Vegas to be able to compete with other professionals as well as home cooks.
- There are THREE rounds of competition and I anticipate participating in all three. The includes 4 different desserts on THREE different days.
- As a campaign contributor, you can receive perks such as a box of the award-winning strawberry red wine brownies delivered to you, a handcrafted, test-kitchen approved recipe (dessert OR main entree) created to your specifications to add to your personal recipe box, personal visit to your home for a hands-on baking class/tutorial, OR be wined & dined by me at a fine dining restaurant in the Piedmont Triad.
- If I do not reach my entire goal, I will still compete in Las Vegas. I will have to make do with what funds I receive.
Let me explain a little more about my campaign and the difference your contribution will make:
- I've been a constant fixture in the buzzing food scene in the Piedmont Triad. I am Winston-Salem's first food blogger (circa 2007), a tour guide for Taste Carolina, local food podcast host, a culinary instructor at Best Health, Official Food Blogger for Fire In The Triad, and freelance food writer featured in Greensboro News & Record and Yes! Weekly with regular appearances on local TV. Despite all of this, I need my community's help to send me to the largest food competition in the United States. When I go, I won't just be representing myself--I'll be representing Winston-Salem, the Piedmont Triad and the community that has helped train me in the way I should go.
- I am in love with my community and am ready and willing to give back in the best way possible. Without your help, none of my success could be possible. My success is your success. When I win, you win. By contributing to this project, you are already a winner, helping a young lady reach a culinary goal.
- This is my first time competing in a live competition against others. I want to go in knowing I have the support of my community I love so much.
Other Ways You Can Help
I understand and know that some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Please help me get the word out! Make some noise about this campaign. Share this campaign link on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, via email, your personal blog, your professional blog and by word of mouth!
- Please use the Indiegogo share tools to let others know you support this project and what I am trying to do!
And that’s all there is to it.